Tom Shaw earned his first win in charge of interim Lincoln manager with victory over Fleetwood in League One.
Alex Mitchell gave the Imps an early lead at Highbury and it proved decisive, as Fleetwood were reduced to 10 men late on through a red card for Toto Nsiala.
Fleetwood’s Jack Marriott fired wide at the turn in the opening phase, but the visitors got the advantage in the sixth minute when Mitchell slotted home from close range after connecting with Rico Hackett’s overhead kick.
Ted Bishop headed home after 25 minutes as the visitors remained in control, although Xavier Simons tested goalkeeper Lukas Jensen at the other end, moments later.
Ethan Hamilton scored from long range for the Goblins but Jay Lynch was equal to him, while Marriott brought Jensen into play early in the second half.
Junior Quitierna fired the ball over the bar before the hour mark and Bosun Lawal then fired wide as Cod Army looked to equalise.
Nsiala was sent off in stoppage time for clumsily tackling Lincoln’s Jovan Makama.
Report provided by PA Media.
- 2johnstonreplace forbroomin 76′minutes
- 22NsialaBooked in 90 minutes
- 5Lawalreplace forOmushiriin 90+2′minutes
- 32Earl is an English title
- 17SimmonsBooked in 36 minutesreplace forRobertsonin 70′minutesBooked in 89 minutes
- 3Montgomeryreplace forChimangain 45′minutes
- VIIIvillaBooked in 90 minutes
- 4Sarpong Wierdu
- 1JensenBooked in 36 minutes
- 2SorensenBooked in 45 minutes
- 11HamiltonBooked in 43 minutes
- 16Burroughsreplace forroughin 67′minutes
- 10bishopreplace forAdelakunin 82′minutesBooked in 90 minutes
- 7Hackett Fairchildreplace forMacamain 49′minutes
- 12I saw
- 22A day
- to rule:
- Tom Reeves
End of the match Fleetwood Town 0 Lincoln City 1
End of the second half Fleetwood Town 0 Lincoln City 1
Yellow card for Josh Villa (Fleetwood Town) after committing a foul.
– Foul by Josh Villa (Fleetwood Town).
Ethan Hamilton (Lincoln City) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
The attempt has been blocked. A left-footed shot by Fleetwood Town’s Jack Marriott is successfully blocked by the defense, assisted by Waad Omushiri.
Corner, Lincoln City. Sneak up on Jay Lynch.
The attempt has been saved. Hakim Adelakun’s shot from Lincoln City was blocked by the goalkeeper with his right foot from the right side. With assistance from Ethan Hamilton.
– Foul by Joshua Earl (Fleetwood Town).
Hakeem Adelakun (Lincoln City) wins a free kick on the right wing.
’54 Red card for Aristote Nsiala (Fleetwood Town).
– Foul on Aristote Nsiala (Fleetwood Town).
Jovon Makama (Lincoln City) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
The attempt has been blocked. A right-footed shot by Jovon Makama, a Lincoln City player, is successfully blocked by the goalkeeper with the help of Hakim Adelkun.
Corner, Fleetwood Town. Assist by Lasse Sorensen.
Substitution at Fleetwood Town. Promis Omochere is replaced by Bosun Lawal.
A yellow card for Hakim Adelakun, a Lincoln City player, after committing a foul.
Jay Lynch (Fleetwood Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
– Foul on Hakeem Adelakun (Lincoln City).
Corner, Lincoln City. Shot by Ryan Broome.
“Internet nerd. Avid student. Zombie guru. Tv enthusiast. Coffee advocate. Social media expert. Music geek. Professional food maven. Thinker. Troublemaker.”