- Information Collection
- Information Use
- Information Sharing
- Email Contact
- Third Parties
- Children 16 or Under
- Links To Other Websites
- Embedded Content From Other Websites
- Your Choice On Data Collection
- Retention Of Your Information
- Securing Your Personal Information
- Your Right To Your Personal Information
When you use our services or products, we collect information provided by you and information we collect automatically, as described in detail below.
Information Provided By You
- Contact Information: We obtain information about you when you get in touch with us to find out more about our work, when you register to receive a newsletter or when you register for an event. When you sign up to receive a newsletter or register for an event we will ask you for your personal information in order to for us to contact you and keep you updated. We will collect personal information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, your name, e-mail address, and website. Such information is necessary to facilitate your access to, use of, purchase of, or participation in our service and product offerings.
Information Collected Automatically
- Automated Information: Your web browser or mobile device automatically provides information when you visit the Site, including, but not limited to, your Internet Protocol (IP) address or unique device identifier.
- Cookies: Cookies are pieces of stored information on a user’s computer or device that are tied to information about the user and used to provide smoother navigation throughout the Site, such as to store a saved password; to identify user trends, such as page views; and for other internal purposes, such as to assess the effectiveness of the Site. You have the option of setting your computer to disable cookies or to alert you when cookies are being used. If you choose to disable cookies, please be aware that portions of the Site may not function properly.
- Log Files: Log files store information such as a user’s IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. Like most websites, the Site uses log files to analyze trends, administer the Site, and track users’ movement on the Site.
Use Of Your Information
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. The type of personal information we will collect about you will depend on the purpose of collecting the information.
We may use your information to:
- Keep a record of your relationship and communication preferences with us.
- Enable us to deliver more relevant content to you through targeted communications.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us.
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of legitimate interest to you.
- Information regarding our associated companies’ services;
- Process an internship or job application.
We will only contact you by email if you actively consent to this, unless we believe there is a legitimate interest to contact you. By consenting to our emails or opting in to email communications, you grant us permission to use your email address to send you email marketing communication. At any stage you may choose to opt out of such communications by unsubscribing from the relevant communication.
The Weston Forum will not sell your data. We will not share your data for marketing purposes unless you have actively consented to this. However, in some circumstances we may need to share your details with a third party for processing. This could be if we run an event in partnership with another organisation and they need your details in order to fulfill your tickets or experience.
Children 16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Your Choice On Data Collection
You always have a choice as to whether and how you want to receive communications about our work, products and services and ways you can get involved. If you do not want us to use your contact details to contact you in the future you can opt out of this when we collect your details or at a later time. If you ever want to change your contact preferences, or opt out of communications, you can do this at any time by updating your preferences via one of our email communications. Alternatively, you can opt out of our email marketing at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email from us. If you choose not to be contacted by us we will never send you personalised marketing communications, but we will keep your details on a ‘suppression list’ to ensure you aren’t contacted.
Retention Of Your Information
We hold your information for only as long as necessary for the purpose needed.
Securing Your Personal Information
We always ensure that we have the necessary controls in place to protect the personal data you provide us with. We carry out regular audits of who has access to data so that we can ensure that your information is only accessed by trained staff. If requested we may need to supply your information to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors. We will not share your data with any other third parties unless you have given your explicit consent for us to do so.
Your Right To Your Personal Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to request that we erase any personal information we hold, where we have no compelling reason to continue processing this data.
If you wish to request this information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . We will require you to provide two forms of identification. Once we have received your information request and your identification we will respond within one month.