Elastic, the company behind Elasticsearch, presents the results of its global study, “Search-Powered Technologies: A Mission-Critical Enable For the Digital Future Of Business.” This demonstrates that research-based technologies are essential to the success of digital transformation and the use of data.
The study is based on a survey of more than 800 data observers in eight countries. It shows how the technologies that power search – tools that enable the search for data from various sources – are driving critical business initiatives, including migration, cloud use, cybersecurity, and customer experience.
Going forward, data stewards will continue to strive to integrate cybersecurity, surveillance capability, and enterprise search solutions into a single platform, according to the study. For them, research-enabled solutions that provide a wide range of capabilities, including high storage capacity, cloud-based platform, and scalability, are essential to their digital transformation efforts.
“Companies addressing the digital future of their business need technologies that transform an increasing volume of raw data from a variety of disparate sources into accessible, useful business insights,” said Matt Mnitola, Chief Information Officer at Elastic. “Technologies that power research provide important capabilities that help organizations increase speed, scalability, and productivity as digital transformation continues.”
Data leaders anticipate a shift towards integrated platforms rather than silo solutions over the next three years. To this end, they expect the integrated platforms to include the capabilities of various independent solutions in the future.
- 85 percent of German respondents said that using one integrated search platform helps them reduce costs; 84 percent also stated that their teams take time to do meaningful tasks.
- 80 percent of German respondents indicated that an integrated platform should include security, data visualization and analytics solutions; 74 percent also feel that this also includes an integrated platform and search functionality for businesses.
- 70% expect an integrated platform to include an observable solution.
For organizations to remain competitive, they need comprehensive, flexible, and integrated cloud-based search solutions that enable scalability. As a result, data hosts expect more research-powered technologies in the future for their digital transformation efforts.
85 percent of data hosts are looking for ways to find information more easily across multiple data storage and cloud environments to support IT operations, security and development teams.
- 91% of respondents in Germany invest in research-based technologies to increase the speed and productivity of their companies and help them solve business challenges faster.
- 87 percent of respondents said that search-based technologies provide important insights, speed decisions, and create a better user experience for customers and employees.
- 86 percent of those surveyed in Germany believe that coordination in their organizations would improve if data were easier to find and share.
- Sixty percent of German respondents said migrating to the cloud is a top priority for their digital business initiatives, citing leadership alignment challenges as the most common outcome of problems with finding, sharing, and visualizing data.
The study “Research Technologies: A Critical Enabler for the Digital Future of Business” was conducted in April 2022 by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Elastic. The survey interviewed 832 data engineering strategy decision makers at global companies in Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
“Alcohol buff. Troublemaker. Introvert. Student. Social media lover. Web ninja. Bacon fan. Reader.”