Improved user experience during initial installation
That reports it Newin online magazine. This update improves the user experience when first installed on a new device or when newly installed on an old device, which is called the “out of the box” experience. It complements other new Windows updates, all of which can be considered preparatory updates for the new Windows 11 23H2.
Update for current Windows versions
The latest update can now be found in the knowledge base at KB5029517. All the changes are right under the hood and improve the reliability of the update. Microsoft has already revised the same out-of-the-box experience several times with Windows 11, and has also visually adapted it to the new Windows 11 look.
The changes that KB5032381 brings are not explained. More information is not currently available, but if it becomes available soon, we will add it to the article. It’s the latest update for the out-of-the-box experience, but it’s currently only available for Windows 11, not Windows 10, so not for upgrades from the older OS to the newer version. This is a standalone update to the OOBE process. The OOBE update will be downloaded automatically if necessary. A reboot is required.
This update improves the out-of-the-box experience for Windows 11, version 22H2 (OOBE). This update applies only to Windows 11 OOBE operation and is only available when OOBE updates are installed.
- This update is installed during the Windows OOBE process when an Internet connection is available.
- Your device will need to restart after applying this update.
- This update does not replace any previously released update.
This update applies to the following versions:
- Windows 11 SE version 22H2
- Windows 11 Home and Pro version 22H2
- Windows 11 Enterprise Edition Multi-session 22H2
- Windows 11 Enterprise and Education 22H2 edition
- Windows 11 IoT Enterprise Edition 22H2
- Microsoft releases OOBE update for Windows 11
- KB5032381 improves user experience during initial installation
- Improved update reliability
- Only available for Windows 11, not older versions
- Only required for new installations with an internet connection
- There are no prerequisites, and it does not replace a previously released update
Frequently asked questions about Windows 11 Instructions, tips and tricks
download Windows 11 system scan
“Prone to fits of apathy. Zombie ninja. Entrepreneur. Organizer. Evil travel aficionado. Coffee practitioner. Beer lover.”