Ad number: 1263
Job offer on December 10, 2021
Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science h. V. (MPG) is a self-governing scientific organization funded by the federal and state governments. It conducts basic research in the natural sciences and humanities at more than 86 institutes and research centers in Germany and abroad.
The General Administration of the Max Planck Association for the Advancement of Science is looking for her Archive in Berlin As soon as possible
Scientific archive (temporary)
Archive of the Max Planck Society in Berlin Dahlem Responsible for transporting the Kaiser Wilhelm / Max Planck Society. To date, the backup and preservation of administrative documents of the Society, its institutes and research facilities as well as the legacies of its scientific members have focused primarily on analog formats.
Your duties will be
Your activity as a representative of the position of representative and continuing
Mostly well-rehearsed work processes. In particular, it includes inventory responsibility for the pre-existing area’s significant legacy and inheritance, including all essential archiving tasks from acquisition (including contract organization), evaluation and cataloging to inventory maintenance and user guidance.
You will also be involved in internal archiving processes such as accompanying digitization (internal) and clarifying matters relating to archive management law (in consultation with the contacts in the legal department of the Max Planck Society). In addition, you will support the Archives Department in preparing archive-related decisions.
We wish you
- Successfully completed certificate in an information science subject, or a similar qualification or corresponding experience in archiving
- Senior archiving service job qualification or related experience in archival field
- You are interested in the history and traditions of the research organization
- In addition, you have a very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Moreover, it is characterized by the ability to work independently and in a purposeful manner
- A sense of responsibility with a high degree of social competence and strong communication skills complements your profile
What can you expect from us
- To gain professional experience, one year defined working relationship and, depending on qualifications and professional experience, pay up to salary group 14 TVöD (Federal Government) or, in the case of direct transfer from a civil servant relationship, up to salary group A 14 BbesG plus various social benefits
- A diverse and demanding job with a lot of personal responsibility and creative freedom in a scientific environment
- Working in a committed team is characterized by a friendly working atmosphere with a flat communication hierarchy
- Numerous job-related training opportunities
- Good conditions to reconcile private life and work life
- A workplace in Berlin-Dahlem well connected to the public transport network
The Max Planck Society has set itself a goal of hiring more people with severe disabilities. Applications from persons with severe disabilities are expressly encouraged.
Did it spark your interest? We then look forward to your complete online application (reference number 113/21).
Application deadline: January 16, 2022
Max Planck Society
For the advancement of science e. Fifth.
public administration in munich
Personnel and Personnel Department
“Alcohol buff. Troublemaker. Introvert. Student. Social media lover. Web ninja. Bacon fan. Reader.”