In a new study by Optimizely, 92 percent of respondents said the ability to deliver content to the right audience at the right time is hampered by remote work.
- In a survey conducted by Optimizely 92 percent of respondents said that working remotely affects the ability to deliver content to the right audience at the right time.
- 42 percent of respondents We believe that content marketing systems are very useful in daily work.
- 31 percent of the respondents Experimentation platforms and testing environments are preferred for developing new ideas.
Optimally, a digital experience solutions provider (DXP) explores how remote work affects marketers’ ability to create in a new study, Marketer Experience 2022: Distributed Marketing Teams, The Ability to Deliver Exceptional Customer Experiences for Business and Deliver Exceptional Customer Experiences. The results show that the epidemic has a negative impact on marketing productivity. Decentralized teams and lack of effective technologies and collaboration tools are the main reasons. To find out what creativity means to marketers and how they overcome challenges, top marketers in the USA, Great Britain, Germany and Sweden were surveyed on behalf of Optimizely.
Remote marketing teams complicate effective customer experiences
Delivering customer experiences that stand out from the crowd is critical. But: At the same time, remote work and mixed work environments lead to geographically dispersed marketing teams. This affects the ability of marketing to ensure consistently high quality customer experiences. In fact, 92 percent of marketers surveyed said that the ability to deliver content to the right audience at the right time is hampered by remote or blended work. This has a negative impact on the following aspects in particular:
- Ability to develop creative ideas
- The ability to optimally implement marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with other team members such as IT, Finance, etc.
- Collaboration within the marketing team
Technology as a prerequisite for creativity
Despite the challenges of marketing to operate in different locations and mixed environments, many marketers have overcome barriers. In doing so, the right tools for content management, experimentation, and collaboration provided valuable assistance. Marketers, especially in decentralized environments, rely on flexible and flexible technologies to drive creative ideas. This is also confirmed by the study:
- 42% think so Content Marketing Systemswhich allows the creation and provision of content for the target group, which is very useful in the day-to-day work.
- A third thinks so collaborative toolIt makes day-to-day work very easy for digital video telephony (33 percent) and for central recording of ideas and notes (32 percent).
- 31 percent of respondents prefer Test platforms and test environments To develop new ideas.
- 28% of respondents do not want this Chat Tools It considers it a critical precondition for the success of cooperation.
“Creativity is essential for marketing. Because it results in extraordinary marketing campaigns that leave a lasting impression on the customer. The question is how to create distinct campaigns with remote and hybrid work? So marketers need new strategies and techniques,” says Christine Allegri-Williams, CMO at optimally.
About the study methodology
to study”Marketer Experience 2022: Distributed Marketing Teams Impact the Ability to Deliver Exceptional Customer ExperiencesOptimizely commissioned Regina Corso Consulting to conduct a survey of 900 marketers in the US, UK, Germany, Sweden, Australia/New Zealand and Southeast Asia. The survey was conducted online between May 16-23, 2022. It provides insights into how marketers are thinking about issues that sustain creativity in the context of new mixed workplaces. optimally It is a provider of a digital experience platform for developing highly personalized and data-driven customer experiences. More than 1,100 employees and more than 900 sales partners support businesses in increasing customer lifetime value. Thus increasing sales and expanding brand reputation. (SG)
Also Read: Business Applications: These are the Most Popular Applications for Mixed Work
Main image: putilov_denis – Adobe Stock
Share the message “Remote work: Great customer experiences require a seamless workflow” with your contacts:
“Alcohol buff. Troublemaker. Introvert. Student. Social media lover. Web ninja. Bacon fan. Reader.”