Comments on weltwoche.ch serve as a discussion platform and are intended to enable readers to openly exchange opinions. It is important to us that all comment columns are discussed fairly and realistically. Sharp and factual criticism of the article’s content or, where appropriate, the contributions of other forum participants is welcome, as long as it is politely presented. On the other hand, data that violates privacy and is considered discriminatory violates our guidelines. Comments that use abusive, sexual or offensive language will be deleted. Contributions of a commercial nature will not be accepted. You should also avoid series of comments (two or more comments in a row to avoid the character limit), although online editors can allow exceptions with a sense of proportion.
Comment columns are linked to articles, so the topic direction is pre-defined. Therefore, we ask you to refrain from contributions that have nothing to do with the content of the article.
Using the comment function means agreeing to our guidelines.
Statements that are not allowed
- It has nothing to do with the topic of the article
- It is commercial in nature
- Personally insulting other forum participants
- Disparagement of individuals or groups on the basis of race, ethnicity, or religion
- It has flaws in spelling and punctuation
- Contains derogatory modifications of names or paraphrases of people
- It contains more than one external link
- Contains links to questionable websites
- Contains only a link without descriptive context
As a means committed to freedom of expression, Weltwoche Verlags AG treats the posting of comments freely. However, the online editorial team reserves the right not to approve comments at its own discretion and without giving reasons. In principle, there is no right to post any comment. The editors also reserve the right to make cuts.
“Alcohol buff. Troublemaker. Introvert. Student. Social media lover. Web ninja. Bacon fan. Reader.”