For the seventh month in a row, the number of home sales in Weston is up from the previous year. There were five home sales recorded in January, totaling $3,298,700, with an average of $659,740 per transaction.
There was also one land sale recorded in January.
A house on Wells Hill Road was the most expensive to change hands during the month, with a selling price of $880,000.
The lowest price paid was $408,000 for a home on Kramer Lane.
Of the five houses sold in January, three exceeded the average selling price.
There was one foreclosure recorded, for a home on Sachem Road. A quitclaim deed was recorded for a home on Samuelson Road. Those two homes were not included in the monthly sales averages because they were not arm’s length transactions at fair market value.
Property sales are up slightly from this same time last year. In January 2012, four homes were sold, totaling $1.471 million, with an average sales price of $367,550.
The following property transfers were recorded in the town hall for the month of January:
• 28 High Meadow Road, Jack and Eileen Kaplan to Joseph Batch III, $575,000.
• 81 Old Easton Tpk., Nancy Joblin to Alan and Denese Marshall, $705,700.
• 24 Samuelson Road, Newtown Savings Bank to Waterfall Victoria Master Fund LTD, $364,325 (quitclaim deed).
• 16 Wells Hill Road, Sam and Charlene Blount to Solimar and Ken Goodall, $880,000.
• 28 Sachem Road, Bank of New York to DAWO USA Group Corp., $370,000 (foreclosure).
• 7 Kramer Lane, Frances M. Hill to Weiqun Wang and Keming Xu, $408,000.
• 67 Birch Hill Road, Susan Briggs to James and Kristin Spellacy, $730,000.
There was also one land sale in January:
• 450 Newtown Tpk., Roberta Whipple to Justin and Gillian Donovan, $100,000.