The American Cancer Society is celebrating the hope of spring with a public launch of its annual Daffodil Days fund-raising campaign.
Daffodil Days offers a bouquet of products:
- For a $10 gift, donors receive a bouquet of 10 fresh daffodil blossoms.
- Three mini-daffodil bulbs in a soil-filled pot are available for a $15 donation.
- A bouquet of 10 daffodils and a Boyd’s collectible stuffed bear is available for a $25 donation.
- Gift of Hope: Daffodils are delivered to a cancer patient undergoing treatment for a donation of $25 and up.
- Bear Hugs for Hope: Special edition collectible bear is delivered to a child impacted by cancer; $25.
Flower and product orders may be placed now through March 1 by calling the American Cancer Society at 800-227-2345 or making an online donation at cancer.org/daffodils.
Delivery occurs the week before spring, beginning March 18.
According to the society, this longstanding program, which historically coincides with the coming of spring, is expected to raise more than $500,000 in Connecticut to support the fight against cancer.
Money raised through Daffodil Days enables the American Cancer Society to offer free programs and services that help people fight cancer, and it provides day-to-day help, emotional support, and 24-hour information to help ease the cancer experience.
Additionally, daffodil contributions provide the society with money to fund cancer research, educate people about the importance of cancer prevention and early detection, and advocate for public health policies that benefit the community.