For the fourth month in a row, the number of home sales in Weston is up from the previous year, with 13 home sales recorded in October 2012. Of those, 11 were straight-forward sales, while two were estate sales. The estate sales were not included in the calculation of the average sales price for the month as they were not sold at market value prices.
The transfers for 11 houses totaled $9.91 million, with an average of $900,909 per transaction.
A house on Twin Walls Lane was the most expensive to change hands during the month, with a selling price of $2,025,000. The lowest price paid was $395,000 for a house on Georgetown Road.
Of the 11 houses sold in October, three exceeded the average selling price.
Property sales are up from this same time last year. In October 2011, seven homes were sold, totaling $5.11 million, with an average sales price of $787,357. There was also one land sale in October 2011.
This is the fourth month in a row that property sales are up in Weston. In September 2012, 16 homes were sold, compared to seven in September 2011. In August 2012, 20 homes were sold, compared to 16 in August 2011, while in July 2012, 15 homes were sold, compared to nine in July 2011.
The following property transfers were recorded in the town hall for the month of October 2012:
• 22 Ledgewood Road, Stephanie Pierso Ugol and Jay Ugol to Roland and Deborah Gille, $720,000.
• 9 Autumn Ridge Road, Harold and Sheila Shupack to Matthew and Shannon Waldis, $850,000.
• 27 Twin Walls Lane, David and Jessica Harris to Jonathan and Lauren Groveman, $2,025,000.
• 37 Hackberry Hill Road, LNV Corp to Brett and Rina Shane, $590,000.
• 5 Old Mill Road, Clifford and Janine Peek to Drew Friedman, $1,100,000.
• 70 Kettle Creek Road, Daniel and Lisa Tyler to Dayna Diamond, $760,000.
• 53-55 Norfield Road, Est. Eugenia Thirkield to John and Akkusib Peyton, $1,165,000.
• 7 Soundview Farm Road, Kevin and Kathleen Cullen to Cian and Shalini Obsuilleabhain, $895,000.
• 290 Georgetown Road, Daniel and Elizabeth Klein, III to Nigel and Juliet Frost, $395,000.
• 31 Codfish Lane, Craig Drimal to James and Rasha Dove, II, $885,000.
• 10 Mountainview Drive, James and Jeanette Graham to Erin Flink, $525,000.
The following property transfers were also recorded in October 2012, but were not used to calculate the average sales price because they were estate sales and not sold at fair market value:
• 28 Georgetown Road, Frank Loiewski and Estate of Walter Loiewski to Robert and Elizabeth Gary, $185,000.
• 10 Cricket Lane, Kevin O’Connell, Trustee to Carisly LLC, $199,999.99.