With the hurricane-like weather currently hitting our area, our electric system is taking on damage leaving some of our customers without service. Right now, we are responding to emergency situations and assessing system damage. Our own employees, in addition to contractor crews, are ready to respond once it is safe to do so.
The weather forecast calls for sustained strong winds for many more hours. Because of this, we expect that our system will continue to take on more damage resulting in additional outages. CL&P is warning customers that service may not return for an extended period of time.
If you experience an outage, please call 800-286-2000
or go to www.cl-p.com
(via PC or mobile device) to report it. It’s important that you report an outage even if you think your neighbors may have already reported it. The more information we have, the better we are able to improve our assessment of damage and make repairs.
Please stay safe. The storm is leaving massive amounts of damage and debris including downed tree limbs and power lines.
Important safety reminders:
- If you see a downed power line, always assume it is live; do not go near it, and never drive over the line.
- If you use a generator, follow all safety precautions and be sure it is ventilated properly.
- If you use a cell phone, be sure to save your power.
- Food in your refrigerator will keep for 6 to 9 hours, and food in your freezer will keep between 36 and 48 hours. It will help to minimize the number of times the door is opened.
- For information on emergency disaster services, including shelters, please contact the American Red Cross at 800-733-2767 (800-RED-CROSS) or online at www.redcross.org.
CL&P is well prepared for this storm and will work around the clock to restore power to your home or business.