Sore Throat

It is a very attractive website built using wonderful features based in Wordpress. It is an informative health care blog regarding:

Simvastatin

You can learn more about Simvastatin or Zocor which treats triglyceride and high cholesterol levels in blood. You might need medical attention for Simvastatin side effects.

Atenolol

As a beta blocker Atenolol is a drug used primarily in cardiovascular diseases. Be careful! Please be informed about Atenolol side effects.

Metoprolol

It is a receptor blocker used in treatment of several diseases of the cardiovascular system, especially hypertension. Metoprolol side effects must be considered for this drug.

Yaz

Known also as Yasmin is used for ovulation prevention. Before taking it, read Yaz side effects.

Zoloft

Also known as Sertraline is an antidepressant of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Consider the related topics:

Do not forget to read also Zoloft side effects since it is well described.

Lisinopril

It is used in treatment of hypertension. Before using Lisinopril please refer to Lisinopril side effects to avoid heart problems.

Menu 

Weston schools ratify non-certified staff union contract

Weston Public SchoolsThe Weston Board of Education has reached an agreement with non-certified employees.

At a special meeting held Thursday, Sept. 20, the board ratified a three-year agreement with collective bargaining unit AFSCME Local 1303, Council 4. The union approved the contract on Sept. 11.

The new agreement calls for a 6.84% wage increase over the course of three years. Year one, employees will get a 1.85% general wage increase with no step increases.

Year two there will be a 1.9% general wage increase plus a 0.64% step increase for a total 2.54% increase.

In year three, there will be a 2% general wage increase and a 0.45% step increase.

“It’s exactly the same as the teachers,” said school board member Richard Bochinski, chairman of the board’s negotiating committee. “It’s a fair and reasonable agreement,” he said.

Positions covered by AFSCME Local 1303 include instructional and non-instructional aides, security monitors, some administrative assistants,  custodian/groundskeepers, technicians, computer technicians, evening cleaning supervisor, career center coordinator, library technician, registrar/technician at Weston High School, maintenance workers, electricians, utility system mechanics, nurses, occupational physical therapists, and an HVAC plant mechanic.

Insurance savings

A key part of the agreement involves a savings for the district on health insurance benefits, Mr. Bochinski said. Non-certified employees will change over to Health Savings Accounts with higher deductibles. “The savings in health insurance over those three years [of the contract] will be a significant offset of the salary increase,” he said.

Another contract change increases the number of vacation days to 25 a year for 52-week employees who have worked for the schools for 20 years or more. Previously, employees who worked more than 15 years were given 20 days vacation. Mr. Bochinski said the change was made to bring it in line with the town hall union contract.

There was also a change in job title for secretaries. They will now be called “administrative assistants.” Mr. Bochinski said there is no salary adjustment for the name change and administrative assistant is the same designation used by central office for similar staff.

The contract takes effect July 1, 2012, and runs through June 30, 2015.

About author

By participating in the comments section of this site you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and User Agreement

© Hersam Acorn. All rights reserved. The Weston Forum, 16 Bailey Avenue, Ridgefield, CT 06877

Designed by WPSHOWER

Powered by WordPress