The 2012-13 Weston Public Schools Wall Calendar will be available for $12 at back-to-school nights in September. The calendars are also sold at Lang’s Pharmacy in Weston Center, while supplies last.
This year’s calendar cover art contest winner is second grader Devin McGinnis. “I was so happy to find out I won,” said Devin. “It feels exciting, like you are going to a special place.”
The student whose work is chosen for the cover also wins a grand prize. This year’s prize was a $50 iTunes gift card.
All Weston students, from pre-K to high school seniors, are invited to enter the art contest and, in addition to the cover art, one picture is chosen to represent each month of the year. Each student is allowed to submit up to three pieces of original work.
The Weston Public Schools Wall Calendar features:
- 13 months of information, August 2012-August 2013
- Schedules for all four schools, including vacations, delayed starts, early dismissals, holidays, concerts, plays, etc.
- PTO meetings, events and fund-raiser dates
- Community events, including Board of Education meetings
- Important contact information for all schools, community and social organizations
- Large 10-inch x 13-inch pages with large blocks to fit personal information
- Spiral-bound format, easy to take with you or hang on the wall
- Full-color student artwork
Production of the Weston Public Schools Wall Calendar began five years ago as both a fund-raiser and a community service project.
Members of the Hurlbutt PTO recognized that with four schools in the Weston district and a wealth of active community organizations, there was a tremendous need to combine the information in one place to help families stay organized.
The calendar now features sponsors and advertisers who generously support the production costs. All moniey raised via family and business sponsorships, as well as the sale of the calendar, support the PTO Philanthropy Fund.
Hurlbutt PTO members interested in chairing or volunteering to support the Weston Public Schools Wall Calendar project may contact Hurlbutt PTO Co-Preisdents Tammy Roberts and Sara Spaulding at HESPTOPresident@gmail.com.