The Weston Volunteer Fire Department responded to a chimney fire at a residence on Good Hill Road on Saturday, Feb. 14.
The wood stove chimney was completely occluded, stopped up and obstructed with creosote when firefighters first arrived.
The photo at right was taken with the department’s thermal imaging camera and depicts the active fire burning in the chimney.
Fire Engines 3, 7, and 2, responded to the fire call along with Cars 2 and 3.
The fire was confined to the chimney and there were no injuries reported.
The fire department wants to remind homeowners that use fireplace or wood stoves to have their chimneys inspected and cleaned once a year by a reputable chimney sweep service.